If you've already submitted your registration form and you only need to submit your completed sketch, please proceed here.
Our show features sculptural, unexpected Wearable ART. We encourage provocative, challenging art in any media that must be wearable by a model on a runway.
We are looking for inventive and exciting pieces! We welcome student entries.
Group submissions by two or more artists are welcome.
FEE$42.50 submission fee per artist or collaborative/group entry.
Free to Arts Council ~ Haliburton Highlands members and fulltime students studying in Haliburton County.
Contact the Arts Council office for more information: call 705-457-8033 - or email email@example.com
JURY SYSTEMThe Fashion Fallies committee will review all submissions prior to the event, through the application process and/or a photo if requested.
Acceptance is based on the following criteria:
- Originality: entry must be artist’s original work, not created from a commercial pattern or copied from another artist. Up cycled items are welcome but must be significantly altered from the original item
- Creativity: will it wow the audience? Is it conceptually fresh and exciting?
- Craftsmanship: is it well constructed?
- Use of materials: Were materials used appropriately? Were nontraditional/alternative materials used?
- Presentation: Can it be worn safely by a model? Will it show well on the runway?
- Shown previously? We do request that your submission not have been shown previously in Haliburton County or nearby.
- Theme: You are encouraged to consider this year’s theme “Our Future is Fearless”
It is understood by the Committee that pieces may not be exactly as described in your initial application due to ongoing construction and the artistic process.
The number of pieces entered are not restricted, but all pieces submitted may not be accepted by the Fashion Fallies Committee according to the above criteria, number of applications or duplication by multiple artists.
Accessories, jewellery, single pieces or complete ensembles are all welcome. Your piece may be combined with another artist for presentation during the show.
AWARDSThere will be awards selected by a judging panel independent of the Fashion Fallies Committee.
Your Fashion Art piece is to be delivered to The Haliburton School of Art + Design between Oct 21-31. Model fittings and rehearsal will take place between November 4- 8. Models will be selected by the Fashion Fallies Committee unless pre-arranged.
Due to lack of storage space we would appreciate pick up of pieces ASAP, following the show on November 15th.
If you have questions, contact the Arts Council ~ Haliburton Highlands or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the information below as fully as possible. Your description may be adjusted upon acceptance into the show to allow for progression during the creative process. Please complete a separate application for each submission.
Please note: you can submit this form in person by printing this file, filling it out and dropping it off at the Haliburton School of Art & Design or at the Arts Council's Office in Haliburton village. You can also obtain print copies of the full form at those locations.