Historically, the dam, located in the village, has provided power to the Emmerson lumberyard. The original dam built in 1864, made of earth and wood, was reconstructed in 1946 with concrete.The reinforced hillside and path provide an attractive walk along the river as well as a seating area for observation. Blacksmith students from Fleming College made railings and stairs.
Watch Jane Selbie - Emmerson's Dam to learn more about her evolution from quilting, to water colours, to ultimate'painting' with fabric art.
Read the full write up about Jane Selbie at her PocketSights trail stop.
// dysART trail / Jane Selbie